Vietnam: one day at a time

Random photos taken in Vietnam

13.7.06

Bridge (Cau Buou)

This bridge is a major crossing from the Cau Buou area on the Hanoi side of the river into Ha Tay province and the only bridge for miles. For a more a more stable bridge you need to detour via the road bridge in Ha Dong city. They were building a new concrete one not far away, but I'll kind of miss the excitement of this one. In the photo you see A, more than slightly terrified by her first crossing, though Mr T, her driver, is surely experienced at this sort of thing. I have even ridden across more challenging bridges myself, though I admit the steep first section of this one and it's narrowness, together with the fact that it moves around quite a lot on its pontoons makes it interesting to ride across. There's a 2000 dong toll (about USD 0.12)for motorbikes - I hope they use it for maintenance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home