Vietnam: one day at a time

Random photos taken in Vietnam

12.11.06

Institute of Tradtional Medicine

I once visited this place with a friend who was visiting the doctor. The doctor in question can do all those things like diagnosis from reading your pulse, but on this occasion both the examination and the medicine prescribed were disappointingly (for me) of the Western type. Vietnamese tend to use the traditional sort for minor or chronic complaints. They never recommend it for anything acute or for anything that you need to clear up quickly. I was once recommended to a traditional practitioner for my frozen shoulder. I had three weeks of acupuncture, massage and black, foul tasting liquid. My shoulder was certainly fixed, but I wondered if it couldn't have been done faster and with less pain!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home